What is Google Meet and how do I use it?
Google Meet is a G Suite only application designed to be used for conference calls with up to 30 members, and also features a text-to-chat function. Lane Community College students and faculty both have access to Meet but can only use their LCC G Suite account to access the program, either on Desktop or iOS 10 or later.
This article outlines how to use Meet both on mobile and desktop. Below the link is a glossary of the sections contained in the article.
- 1 Start a video meeting
- 1.1 Schedule a video meeting in Calendar
- 1.2 Start a video meeting from your web browser
- 1.3 Start a video meeting from your mobile device
- 2 Join a video meeting
- 2.1 Join from a calandar event
- 2.2 Join from Meet
- 2.3 Join with a meeting link URL
- 2.4 Join with a meeting code
- 2.5 Dial in from a phone
- 3 Collaborate in video meetings
- 3.1 Add and remove guests to video meetings in progress
- 3.2 Add more guests to a Calendar event
- 3.3 Send chat messages
- 3.4 Present your screen
- 3.5 Record a video meeting
- 3.6 Mute a guest’s microphone
- 4 Manage device settings
- 4.1 Change your camera, speakers, and microphone
- 4.2 Adjust your video quality
- 4.3 Adjust your mobile camera
Student Help Desk Support (SHeD)
The student help desk is located on main campus in the Library (center building).