How to Uninstall a Program in Windows
By using a sub-portion of the control panel, we can view the names and publishers of all programs installed. Here we are given information and the ability to quickly uninstall programs that are outdated or unwanted.*
Follow these directions to get there:
- Starting at the Desktop, click the Start button and search "uninstall".
- The computer will suggest a few option, select "Uninstall a program".
This should take you to a window with all your programs. Once here, you can select a program and uninstall it using the button near the top left. This can also be done by right clicking the mouse, and selecting "uninstall".
*It is highly recommended to not uninstall anything published by Microsoft Corporation, as it could be an essental part of the Operating System.
How to Monitor Programs and Performance on Windows
Beginning at the Desktop, follow these steps to find the Windows Task Manager:
- Click on the Start Button. This is usually located at the bottom left of the screen, with the Microsoft logo on it. (Some keyboards have a button deticated to this)
- There will be a search bar. Within it type "Task Manager" and select "View running processes with Task Manager".
*Or press Ctrl, Shift & Esc at the same time on the keyboard to pull up the task manager.*
By using the Task Manager built into the operating system, we can monitor the following:
- Applications: All the applications that are currently running on the computer can be found listed here.
- Processes: A list of executable files being used currently.
- Services: Decription and status of services files being used locally.
- Performance: Monitor the workload and performance of the CPU and RAM.
- Networking: View information on the bandwidth of the network.
- Users: View all users and their status.
This is a great tool to check for any unapproved applications running that a user is unaware of. It can also be used to monitor hardware performance when running demanding applications.
How to Uninstall Applications on a Mac
To uninstall an application on an Apple Computer.
- Open Finder If you are having trouble locating Finder, go to the top right of the desktop and click on the magnifying glass icon, and search "Finder".
- Once in Finder, open the folder labeled "Applications".
- Find the Application you wish to remove.
- Right click on the Application, and left click on "Move to Trash".
- Go to the trash can, and right click and select "Empty Trash.
Student Help Desk Support (SHeD)
The student help desk is located on main campus in the Library (center building).
- Self-help resources for students
- Live Support in Zoom
- Email: email@example.com
Phone: 541.463.3333 (please leave a voice message)
Leave your Name, L#, contact information, and the reason for your call and we will contact you.