Downloading your own personal files
- Go to My Private Files and select the file you wish to download.
- An Opening (file name)dialog box will appear.
- You will be asked to choose the program with which to open the file, or to open the file with the default settings.
- If you select Save, a Downloads box will appear that lists your file.
- Retrieve this as you normally would by going to your computer's downloads and saving the file to a folder of your choice.
- Double clicking the file from the Downloads dialog box will open it, and from there you could print or save it.
Downloading files from the course
If your instructor's files are PDFs (printable downloadable files):
- You will need Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF. Get Adobe Acrobat file reader here
- Open the file
- On the black border surrounding the PDF, in the top-right corner, click the Download icon
Alternatively, you can right-click the link to the file, and select "Save As" to download it.
If your instructor's files are Word or other documents, you will need to open those programs in order to view and download the files. We encourage instructors to use PDFs to spare students any possible conflicts here
Student Help Desk Support (SHeD)
The student help desk is located on main campus in the Library (center building).