To ensure that your quiz-taking experience on Moodle goes as smoothly as possible, please read these tips:
Save Your Work Frequently
- It is a good idea to save your work frequently as you take a quiz on Moodle in case of a malfunction.
- After answering 5 or so questions on a quiz, click Next at the bottom of the screen until you see "Finish Attempt" instead of "Next".
- On the next screen, click Return to Attempt to resume your quiz.
- This will ensure that your work throughout the quiz is saved within Moodle.
- If something goes wrong, you will be able to log back into Moodle and resume your attempt.
If Your Quiz Won't Submit, Be Patient-
- If Moodle is taking forever to submit your quiz after you have clicked Submit all and finish, be patient and wait.
- More than likely, your submission will go through.
- If time is crucial and Moodle absolutely refuses to submit your quiz, it may be a good idea to click Reload on your browser and redo any questions that weren't saved.
- If you do choose to hit Reload, consider how much time it will take to redo any unsaved questions - a couple of multiple choice/true-or-false questions won't take much time, but an essay question will be difficult to answer again.
Short Answer Questions May Be Case-Sensitive-
- Accuracy in capitalization may be required in some short answer questions, depending on your instructor.
- Moodle may only recognize answers with proper capitalization as correct - for example, Moodle might recognize "Lane Community College" as the only correct answer (at an Instructor's discretion), meaning "lane community college" would be considered incorrect.
Format Essay Questions Within Moodle's Text Editor-
- If your instructor deems proper formatting to be important for essay questions, please write and format your essay within Moodle's text editor.
- Writing your essay first in Microsoft Word, then copying your essay to Moodle can cause your essay's formatting to change.
Set Aside Some Time for Quiz-
- Taking a quiz an hour before it is due is not recommended.
- Set aside some time beforehand so you won't have to rush.
- Your instructor may have set their quizzes to submit automatically when time has run out, meaning any questions you weren't able to answer will be incorrect.
- You may have to submit your quiz before time runs out, or none of your answers will be counted.
- If your quiz requires a password, it may be obtainied through your instructor.
- Be Prepared - Study beforehand, read the questions & answers carefully, eliminate incorrect answers for multiple choice questions, and double-check to make sure you haven't made any errors.
Student Help Desk Support (SHeD)
The student help desk is located on main campus in the Library (center building).